Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

If Derek Chauvin is found NOT GUILTY... will there be riots in Minneapolis?

There will certainly not be a possibility, if a prejudice Court establishes him totally free, the Feds will action in as well as pursue civil liberties violation fees, as they performed with Rodney King, however this will certainly be instant.

Even if he is found guilty there will be riots, how else are you going to loot shops, burn down a few buildings, and get away with it.

You bet.   The trial had not even started and there were riots.   

• ?

Wait and see, but I would not be surprised if there were riots following an acquittal. The mob would probably try to lynch him. Of course, like all lynch mobs they would feel they were simply righting a miscarriage of justice.

The SOB should hang, which might encourage other blue uniformed murderers to think twice before acting.  Acquittal should lead to burning down the courthouse with judge & jury inside.

• kswck2

Rioters don't need a reason for rioting. 

I have no idea as I have never heard of Derek Chauvin.

• ?

I mean you can see the policeman had his knee on that big black  mans neck. It was on the photo in black and white.I suppose the point is was it that that actually killed him or something else,but I am sure there will be riots.It's what they do isn't it.

There will be riots not matter what the ruling is 

Yes, although they say they are prepared to deal with them.  I wonder.

Thing is, this is a hard case.  It looks like Chauvin may have wanted to kill him.  But it looks like Floyd killed himself with an overdose.  Mens rea - criminal mind.  Actus reus - criminal act.  Looks like Chauvin may have had the criminal mind but maybe was too late with the criminal act.  If that's what the court decides, there will be rioting all over.  Alicia Garza, Opal Tometi, and Patrisse Cullors will get even filthier rich than they already are with B LM donations.

I will be very interested to hear how this goes.