Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 month ago

would i have blunted my new bowie knife by cutting through cardboard with it?

right; ...... i recently bought a new expensive bowie knife online, i am very happy with my new knife,  but my only complaint is that it didn't come with a ''razor edge''?......but the knife appeared to cut through a thin strip of cardboard quite easily.

but would i have blunted the edge of the knife by cutting through a piece of cardboard with it?

and are bowie knives meant to come with a razor edge when you buy them?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

If it cut through a thin strip of cardboard quite easily, it had a razor edge before the cut.

• 1 month ago

Like anything else, spending a lot of money does not guarantee a good product.  A carbon steel knife will begin to lose it's edge as soon as it is sharpened, just from normal oxidization.  Get a good sharpening system, and tune it up.

https://lansky.com/index.php/products/professional...

• 1 month ago

no, you did not dull the edge.  you sharpen the edge to the degree you like ... the knife is sturdy enough for gutting a deer

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It's a Bowie knife not Gordon Ramsey cutlery, It's meant for heavy work and razor thin edges chip more easily, 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, maybe you need a sharpening device 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.