Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Would a court here in a democracy overturn a referendum result due to Swiss Islam?

Update:

What I mean is can the Muslims overturn the votes?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Ilhan Omar 'Outraged' Over Soleimani Killing, About 9/11 Not So Much

https://pjmedia.com/trending/ilhan-omar-outraged-o...

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It should because the courts do not just protect majority, they protect minority rights when appropriate. If they just protected majority, they would be supporting someone like Hitler too. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Europe is Growing up Poland has banned Muslims so has Hungary Sweden is changing its laws Belgium bans veils Switzerland bans Veils

time the EU court Banned all Islamic head Coverings

or allow us with Full Face helmets with dark Visors into any government Building Islam is a cult

• 1 month ago

Understand Switzerland is a democracy.  I think the Muslims are going to need to learn an important rule, secular law overrules religious law in a democracy.  They will have to uncover or leave.

The Muslims have brought this on themselves by allowing the extremists to carry out their terrorism in the name of Allah.

But to your point...I would not be surprised if the SCOTUS overturned such a secular law as being prejudicial.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

In the US all of us are protected by the US Constitution; otherwise, you risk "tyranny of the majority," which could mean the majority (such as Christians, white people, middle class people, or urban people) voting in laws that discriminate against smaller groups.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.