Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how to get over the fear of opening something you bought in case it's defective?

i recently bought a new expensive utility/bowie knife from online, the first knife i bought was fine, no problems, it was a hunting knife, but this one is a bowie knife...and i just have the fear of unpacking it in case there's a fault with it or its defective in some way?

i'm from the uk, and what would i do if my new knife was defective? how can i get over the fear of unpacking it in case it is? i bought it from europe.

my fears are probably unfounded, because like the first knife, this knife will probably be fine....anyhow does anyone have advice for me?

Make sure there is a way to get a refund if the item if the product isn't as advertised when you buy.