Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Native English speakers, could you please help me with these issues?

Is this sentence correct:

"I've done some treatments, but the results were AWAY from what I wished."

Note: By this, I mean I wish the results were better.

If you mean you wish they had been better, then that is what you should say:

"I've done some treatments, but the results fall short of my expectations."

• 1 week ago

I don't understand what you mean by 'I've done some treatments.' Do you mean that you've received treatments, or you've administered them? Whichever; 'the results were not what I had hoped for.'

... but the results were far from what I wished.

Native English speakers are jailed for racism unless they are from Hampstead

• User

No, "away" is a very poor word choice.

Some alternatives:

- I've done some treatments, but the results were different from what I wished.

- I've done some treatments, but the results were very different from what I wished.

- I've done some treatments, but the results were not what I wished.

You can also use "expected" or "hoped" instead of "wished".

You can also use "undergone some treatments" or "had some treatments" instead of "done some treatments". If you are treating yourself, you can use "I've done some treatments...", or you can use "I've treated myself several times..."

--I've had some treatments, but the results weren't all that great. 

--I've received some treatments but they didn't do a lot of good.  My problem is not much better at all, and that sucks.

--I've gotten some treatments already, but the results are way less than I would have liked.

We don't usually do treatments.  we do exercises, but treatments are given to us, we receive them in some way.

Away does not give much idea as to good or bad.  the results might have been way off from what you expected (they did not do what you thought they would do).  Not "away" though.  You could use "away" from some expectation in some situations, but this one does not seem to fit well, at least not as written.

• ?

What you wrote is poor English.  Try this:

I've undertaken some treatments, but the results did not satisfy me.