Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Was there chemistry? Is there potential for something more?

So the other day my dad invited over 1 of his friends and his friend's 5 sons for dinner. I have 2 sisters and so my dad told us that we needed to be good hosts and make sure the sons aren't bored, yk? At first my sisters and I were nervous but turns out we had a blast! One of the sons in particular was is 1 year older than me and I think I have a crush on him? (For context the son I'm talking about is 15 and I'm 1.) The thing is I'm not sure if he felt/feels the same. While he and his brothers were at my house we kept making eye contact and we'd look away and smile, we kept making jokes together, we'd finish each other's sentences or I'd say something and he'd be like "I was JUST about to say that!". During dinner as well when the "kids" (my sisters and I, and all of the boys) were eating I discovered we have similar opinions on stuff. At one point my sisters, him, his brothers and I were all in the basement just sort of chilling and he was sitting across the room, but he would keep coming over to me to show me memes on his phone, and he wasn't afraid to get close to me either because he was CLOSE. We followed each other on instagram, and I REALLY want to get closer to him, but I don't know if he would wanna be friends (or even a couple. I've already met pretty much all of his family, (minus his mom and sister) and it was so much fun. Even my sisters liked everyone too! So I guess I just wanna hear thoughts and opinions on the situation from someone who's unbiased. Thanks!!

*I'm 14 not 1 lol

• ?

Hopefully the age you put for yourself is  typo. But assuming you're 14 (not 1) and he's 15, sure, you probably have a bit of a mutual attraction. This tends to happen amongst people your age. You're children of course so "something more" has some pretty rigid limitations. There's probably not reason why you and this guy could have at least some social media based "relationship".