Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Why is my boyfriend going back to his ex wife after complaining to me about how I compatible they were together ?

I’m so distraught right now. Even though we were only together for a year he managed to impact my life a lot. Long conversations until the sun came up. Promises of the future. He even talked about marrying me. Sex was phenomenal and he always talked about how we connected much more than him and his ex wife who he said was sexually inexperienced. But it was more than sex with us anyways. We also had a strong emotional bond. If we didn’t connect emotionally we wouldn’t be able to FaceTime like we did. He called me his queen and said I was unique and special. He said they were together for 13 years and fell out of love because they don’t have common ground and are opposites on almost everything. Things like she loves to shop and he loves to save and he’s a home body and she loves to travel. She loves to talk and he’s more quiet. He is making a stupid choice to go back to her when they don’t have anything in common. Guarantee they’ll be divorced again sooner than I can blink. I told him don’t come running back to me when your stupid con of a marriage doesn’t work out for the second time. He said he doesn’t want to lead me and can’t be with me anymore when his heart is with her. I told him how long has he been feeling this way? He told me just recently he became in deep thought and started reflecting back on his life and decided he wants to fight for her and make it right. I told him he is insane. You can’t change people. They are still going to be opposites at the end of the day

Why leave someone who is your match sexual emotionally spiritually and everywhere else for someone who you can’t stop arguing with? He’s stupid and a glutton for punishment. It’s not okay to go around hurting people 

• ?

You were the Rebound Girl.  Don't you get it?  He has always been emotionally attached to his ex, since the day he met you. 

• d j

I wish you knew what he has done to you.

He hooked up, had his fun with you now he's out of it without any complications.

He's not getting back with his ex. She probably left him because he's unfaithful.

He may have found a new victim and is after her now, only to repeat the cycle all over.

What happened? Did she come into some money? win a multi-million dollar lawsuit? Can't figure out why he'd want to be in her life again. Maybe them breaking up wasn't mutual. Maybe she dumped him, and now she wants him back. It sounds a little bit like he just used you for sex. I think in six months, he could come crawling back to you. 

• i + i

People make stupid choices. All. The. Time. 

Why should he be any different? Don't make 

a stupid choice of letting him back even if he 

comes begging. Also don't waste any more 

energy wondering -- it won't change a thing. 

Opposites attract .........

You were fun while it lasted. He is a clown and you are better off without him. Move on and make sure you don't repeat your mistake.