Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Is buying in bulk worth it ? ?

Stores like Costco & Sams club are they worth it ?

Yes, if you need what you are buying.  Certain items are good such as toilet paper, soap and paper towels, coffee, canned food and boxed food.  And Gasoline for sure.

• ?

Some things yes

Other things no

I find things like paper products and cleaning supplies worth it as they dont expire

Things like food and OTC medicine i am more cautious 

Depends 

are you single or have a family

I have found the only real deals at either place is when they have stuff on sale

I buy my zyrtec there

And sometimes frozen chicken when its on sale

Their pizza is an ok deal everyday

Aldi has similar prices on similar items in smaller quantities

I am not a member but I go to costco with a costco gift card as I do not have to be a member with a gift card

• Ivan

They are on a lot of things there. You just have to compare pricing with the other stores to be an informed shopper.

Depends on if you will be able to finish the item before it spoils.

Yeah it's good if you have a large family or running a restaurant.I use to have a account at costco but they kept raising the membership fees so I wasn't saving anything.

• y

For some things that you will in fact use, yes, yes it is. Other things, not quite so much. Some believe that bulk saves them money but there are many things one can find at cheaper unit rates if they actually take the time. To look around their local markets and find.  Meat, beef and chicken, are as much as a $1.00per pound less at sams then my grocery store. So for myself, I buy  months worth at time, break it up, and throw it in freezer. But since the last kid went off to college. I am finding the need for bulk items to be much less, more of a waste. But still, the savings on meat alone is still worth the yearly membership for me.