Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do people who dislike religion and/or spirituality tend to primarily focus their irrational hatred towards peace-loving Christians?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Because they want to silence their consciences. 

• 3 days ago

You seem a trifle biased in this question.

• 1 month ago

“Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man”

Thomas Jefferson 

Christianity is morally bankrupt and warped.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I will annihilate christianity from this earth.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

why the spanish inquisition, the crusades where millions of people were murdered just because they didn't conform to their type of christianity.  what I don't like (not hate) are self righteous people claiming to be Christians when they have no idea what being a true Christian is.  Judging and condemning others is not being Christian.  Jesus didn't come to visit with the righteous but to teach the ones that would hear him, they were not informed, your job as a Christian is to act like someone who follows in the way of Christ.  I am the way, the truth and the light, follow me.  Love one another as you would have others love you.  These are the words Jesus used in his teachings.  Stop the hate and show by your actions that you love all humans, we are all one.

• 1 month ago

Why do oncologists who dislike cancer tend to primarily focus their irrational hatred towards cancer victims?

Understand that your question is nonsensical

• 1 month ago

That's funny!  Seeing as there has been literally millions if not tens of millions of people murdered in the name of one religion or another over the centuries.  Just look at all the senseless killing ordered by the god of the bible.  Doesn't sound so peaceful to me.

• 1 month ago

Your question is self-contradictory in that it conflates "dislike" with "irrational hatred."

• 1 month ago

Peace loving Christians! There are few left if there ever were any real loving Christians. I have known a few, but when you finally tell them, "no, I am playing golf Sunday morning.", in response to their "you should go to church with us Sunday". Then they go the other way if they see you coming towards them. The persons calling themselves Christians either know nothing about that religion or they are just trying to hide all the dirt that it carries. But, I will say this; the Catholics seem to leave you alone as soon as they notice that you are not a Christian believer. Then there are the arrogant Christians who say sheit like "they have hardened their hearts."   How does anyone know a damn thing about another person's real heart condition? Or they say, "atheists hate god and they just want that a god does not exist.  Aside from being a very ignorant remark, showing how weak they are in what they believe, it shows they are unsure about being in a religion.  They try to placate their own feelings.

• Craig
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

This is no doubt due to them having had experience with judgmental or vindictive Christians, who exist alongside your alleged peace-loving ones.  They may have also suffered oppression or mistreatment that was justified by their oppressors with Christian scripture.  Or they may have read Christian scripture for themselves, and found it rife with justifications for condemning and mistreating them.

As you can see, there are plenty of reasons for them to react negatively - however you are correct in characterizing any hatred they might express as "irrational".  There's nothing to be gained by hating Christians (or Muslims, or Hindus, etc.) and it in fact harms the hater, so this is truly "irrational" where it occurs.

But that fact must be balanced by the fact that Christian propaganda campaigns to repress everyone that they consider to be sinful are just as irrational and much more dangerous.  As we can see among Muslims, with groups such as the Taliban, religions such as Christianity would gleefully repress almost everyone, in a theocratic police state that would quickly be usurped by the most venal and corrupt thugs who were capable of masquerading as clerics.

These same people you ask about would primarily focus their irrational hatred towards the Taliban, if the Taliban were over here and presenting the most immediate threat.  But the Taliban aren't.  Christians (so-called or actual) are the clear and present danger.  Hatred isn't justified, but caution and cynicism ARE.

• 1 month ago

Are these the peace loving christians that started the spanish inquisition or invented the atomic bomb or the ones that think it's their right to tell everyone how to live?

Many down votes, I guess the truth hurts.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.