Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

At home dopplers ?

So I bought one week ago and I’m now 12 weeks I heard baby for split second at 165 which my baby was at doc also at 10 week 4 days and heard baby then at 11 week 4 days at home Doppler and now 12 week and baby won’t stand still for me so split second it jump on the numbers 161 and gone and when moved around I seen 136 for split second also and that was it so I didn’t try long was only 2 min tops as they say not to do much weekly as I tried 3 days ago and wanna try again in 3 days or 2 since I can’t catch a good recording on my phone for baby since keeps moving. Is 161 a girl as my girl first baby was at 158 and was a girl around this time also also did any one have that where the numbers go on the screen but didn’t hear clearly and moved away ? Never had bad pains or blood etc baby was measure healthy and 3 days ahead and all so still nervous at 12 weeks one more week till out of first trimester 

If you are trying to use heart rate to determine the gender of the baby - stop.  That is NOT always accurate.   This is an old wives' tale that has NO foundation in ACTUAL medicine.  

If you are trying to find the heartbeat to decide if you are having a problem, then STOP.  At home dopplers can be "fun" for finding and listening to your baby's heartbeat, but you should NEVER be trying to decide if you are having an issue or not based on a home doppler.  First, you are not professionally trained to use it and second, the quality of a home doppler may not be as accurate as the ones used by a doctor.  If the baby's heartbeat is hard to find, it can send the mother into panic mode and there might not even be anything wrong other than an error with the machine.

So - based on the old wives' tale - a higher heartbeat does mean a girl.  But don't count on it since there is no real science to prove that to be true.  (it is wrong too many times to be true)

This is why people shouldn't buy medical equipment they are not trained to use and interpret. 

And your question is???