Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How to politely decline an invitation to an in-person church service during pandemic?

I am a very regular church attender-several times per week.  These days, ONLINE.  I haven’t gotten Coronavirus and don’t plan to.

One client, who did get coronavirus and recovered, invited me to a church service.  Normally I’d go in a flash, but not during the pandemic.

Is there a polite way to say no?

• L

Just say "thanks but no thanks" and move on.

Dear client, I'm so happy you survived COVID and now have antibodies. You must feel a bit super human now that you're protected from the virus for a while. Alas, I have no antibodies and haven't yet been able to get vaccinated. So I'm going to have to continue doing my religious observances online for a while longer. 

For heaven's sake. Of course there is. "Thank you so much, but I'd rather not go to gatherings like that at present. Will it be possible to see the service on line?"

Be assertive and polite, and simply say you have no desire to attend in-person church services at this time as you are protecting your wellbeing.

You can let the client know that you would be happy to attend online. 

If it is an outside service with social distancing then that could be acceptable too.

But if it is not outside and there is no zoom link, politely decline. 

• drip

Politely tell the truth.  I am not attending large functions during this pandemic. That you for asking me. I appreciate it.

Or say Until  I get both vaccines I am not attending large functions 

just tell them the truth of why you dont want to go

• susan

"Thank you very much for inviting me! I'm avoiding in person gatherings right now. Does your church have a link to watch online?"

Since you have never attended a Church Service because of your fear, That must mean you haven't left your house in the last 12 months.  Or are you one of these Liberals who think that COVID only hits people that go to Worship?

If this is Client is comfortable enough and familiar enough with you to invite you to a Church Service.  Then you should be comfortable enough with them and they should understand where you are coming from if you decline. 

My guess is that you haven't attended a religious service in your life.

'I do not feel safe to do this at this time, and when I do feel safe, I will consider it'.