Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can you charge an SLA battery with a car/motorcycle battery.?

so I have a 12v 7A SLA battery that I want to charge with a 12v motorcycle/car battery charger. the charger states that it charges 0.8A until fully charged then goes to a trickle charge of 0.05-0.15A.

Will this charger be ok charging my battery? Or will it knacker it out? 

That charger should do the job just fine, but it will take time. Be patient.

Charger is about the right charger for your battery.  Charge the battery overnight.

• CB

It will be fine - it is a 7AH battery not 7A and the charger is the perfect tool for the job.