Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

poor seniors have to wait outside in the cold just to get a vaccine. who is to blame for this ?

i saw a 70 year old waiting over 20 hours just to get a vaccine. it was below freezing

poor lady 

• ?

Where I live that would be Gavin Newsom, Eric Garcetti, Barbara Ferrer and the L.A. County Board of Supervisors. Perhaps it's different where you live. 

Because they want them to catch their death of cold and save vaccine doses!

A better question is why are we vaccinating against a cold virus?

When I went for my first Covid shot, it was -32C, and everyone had to wait outside.   Seniors, or the disabled where actually brought inside to wait.  The reasons for the delay were the amount of people who showed up.

It was much warmer for my second shot:  -12C or so.  And, they had more staff, so much so that there was no line at all, and I actually got my shot early.

As for blame - perhaps the people who showed up without an appointment messed things up for the rest of us.

• ?

I blame the Trump administration from the top down. They should have had the distribution/vaccination program set up last summer, before any vaccine was available. They did NOTHING.

• drip

I know many 65+ people who have gotten at least the first shot.  None have waiting. You sign up to get called and then make an appointment for the shot. 

No one is waiting in a 20 hour line outside. 

• ?

It's March it's not that cold. Yes and while I feel for you if you have to be either hot or cold to get the vaccination you only have to do it one time out of your life it's not going to kill you but the coronavirus could kill you so get the inconvenience and the sore arm over with make the coronavirus ancient history

Where? In UK, we mostly had appointment times throughout the day, to avoid unnecessary waiting.