Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Social security called said revoked I will go to jail. What I can do?

Social Security called me and said I need to send them my money so they can protect it. My number is compromise. They say that I rented a car in Texas and it was found with Guns and Drugs and I can be arrested for it. I never been to Texas. My Son thinks this is fake but I don't want to be arrested and don't want to lose all my money. What should I do?! Help!

• ?

Listen to your son on this one. 

• ?

The Social Security office would not be calling you about this story. You'd have the FBI and TFA agents storming through your door.

Time to go to rehab and get yourself off of those drugs that are causing delusions.

It's a scam, just ignore them.

You can report the SCAM operator to law enforcement. The call DID NOT come from any legitimate government agency.

nonsense.  social security does not call anyone on the telephone.  this is a scam

Scam call.  SS would never call you and say that, even if it were true.  

• ?

Of course it is fake. The Social Security never calls people, they send mail nor do they ask you to send money so they can "protect" it. The best thing to do is report the call to the police.

Contact your local FBI agency and tell them what you told us. During the conversation, document the time, and the person you spoke with. This will be your get out of jail card :)

Total scam. Ignore it. 

Let me guess. Did he asks for your credit card number.  Social security will never call you. If they need to contact you, it’ll be by physical mail. 

If you want to verify whether or not it’s social security, ask the person for your social security number and date of birth. An agent would have that info readily. If he can’t provide the info then it’s fake. 

The government will never contact you by email or phone. Everything is done through snail mail. It’ll have the address to send payment to so the police or FBI can go there to investigate. By phone, all they need is your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. With that, they can make fraudulent charges. By the time the bank finishes up the investigation, they’ll be long gone.