Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

What is wrong with my microwave?

Without using my microwave or operation. I  simply plug it into the wall and the Display screen lights up at zero.  It then makes a humming noise without the interior lights coming on.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Interior light doesn't usually come on when it is not operating. 

Have you tried setting the clock?

• 1 month ago

Go and repair it.

Source(s): www.tnsvalue.com
  • 1 month ago

i would get it immediately replaced. 

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

test it , put a cd in it and see if it plays it or blows up !!! if it blows up it is broken and if it doesn't then its still faulty ...!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

the display screen is acting normally.  put something in it [cup of water is fine] and try again.  if it heats the water, the device is defective and needs to be tossed out

• 1 month ago

Sounds like it's seen better days to me?

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It sounds like a power supply problem. Swap it out with one from an old computer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bwoken, rascally rabbit.  Buy new.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Something is shorted in the unit.  Confirm with a watt-meter if you can have access to one.  It could be time for a new one.  They are not worth fixing.

• T C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The door switch could be broke ......but that doesn't  account for the humming.  

I believe the fan and turntable are both  a shaded pole motor  which could give you the hummm ...if one of them is bad.

Unless you are willing to tear the micro apart yourself ... you will be better off getting it replaced ....They are not worth having a outside source repair it.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's time for a new one. It's kaput.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.