Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

I just got married and my period is late !!?

I’ve been saving myself for marriage and I just did last Saturday... my period was supposed to come two days ago but it did not , I do have All the symptoms with some dizziness and I feel so sleepy and tired 

Is this normal ? And can I get pregnant in first week ? 

• helene

You can certainly get pregnant in the first week of your marriage. But there will be no SYMPTOMS in the first week of pregnancy. That's because it takes about a week for pregnancy to actually happen in the first place, and even longer for hormone levels to rise to point where they they can cause symptons.

So I believe your symptoms are mind-over-matter. You expect to feel certain things when you get pregnant, you expect to get pregnant when you have sex, you've now had sex, so by golly you're feeling everything on your list.

You can take a test 14-21 days after intercourse, if your late period hasn't arrived by then.

• Duck

I'd recommend doing a pregnancy test.  Also, it's possible that the stress of getting married could have delayed your period.