Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Transferring to a new department. ?

Whats up guys, so I transferred to a new police department.  It’s so much slower paced and just different than my previous.  It’s tough being the new guy and it feels like I’m a rookie again.  Any tips on learning the streets faster? I’m having such a hard time adjusting.  My training officer just screams and yells all the time.  I’m venting I guess but I need some help on how to adjust fast. Sorry and thank you guys.  

Don't say 'Whats up guys'

If you're really a police officer, then you'd already know how to "adjust fast."

NO, you DID NOT transfer to a new department. You can be hired by a different department. As each department is a SEPARATE entity, you can't transfer from one to another anymore than a Wendy's employee can transfer to McDonald's.

My tip is to do some BASIC research before trolling.

what do you do when off shift?  do you live outside that community?  how many of the local merchants do you patronize?  [and not the bars]

Number 1- You claim to have "transferred". Implying you've already been a police officer and on the streets.

Number 2- Why would you need tips on learning the streets faster if that was so?

Number 3- If it was really "slower paced". Your previous training and experience would serve you.