Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Did my co-worker cut her hair because of me?

Her hair used to be really long. Then when I stopped talking to her she cut it short like above her neck. When I used to talk to her she would always hug me and when I stopped, I felt she got mad. Now her hair is even shorter, it looks like a boy's hair. Did she get depressed because of me and cut her hair?

• L

You won't know the answer until you ask her.

Is there any evidence to suggest your co-worker is emotionally attached to you?  Perhaps you are distorting your role in this person's life.

i would hope not

You have stopped taking your medication, havn't you?

No, I highly doubt someone cut all of their hair off because you stopped hugging them.

It isa Laughable thought, nonetheless.

• Cogito

Why would you assume that? 

I do wonder, though, why you stopped talking to her.  If you care so much about her that you feel responsible for her hairstyle choices, maybe you regret ignoring her?

I'd suggest re-thinking your behaviour and being honest with yourself.

I do wonder what makes you think this has even the remotest connection with Etiquette.

No, I don't think you had anything to do with her haircut. It's just a coincidence. 

• ?

idk. Is her name Delilah? Maybe she just likes cutting hair.

I wish all the posters who hug coworkers and touch them on the side and arm consistently would include what country they work in. Or at least where they work. 

Wasn't that a story arc on the daytime soap opera, "The Young and the Useless?"