Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My boss says I talk too much to my coworkers ?

It’s really unfair I get in trouble for chit chatting while the the rest of the workers talk as well and they never tell them nothing. Not only that they change my schedule so it doesn’t match to one my coworkers which **** me off now they give sucky shifts.  I do my work and I’m consider a reliable worker while others don’t do nothing and they get away with everything. What should I do? Should I just tell my boss if the problem is because I talk a lot  and suggest to him how I could improve my behavior so I could get my old shifts back or should I just leave it how it is 

• n2mama

What you should do is talk to your coworkers less and buckle down and get your work done. If you were actually effective and getting all your work done on time, your boss wouldn’t care that you chit chat with other people. Your issue with time wasting is apparently bad enough that they needed to change your shift so you aren’t as distracted. It isn’t your place to suggest to your boss how you can improve your behavior, you’ve already been told how your behavior needs to change. Rather than be upset about this, take the feedback and improve. Once you show your boss you can keep your mouth shut, your head down, and get your work done, you might have a chance to get your old shifts back.

Never compare yourself to other employees. Most people tend to overvalue their work and contributions and undervalue those of their coworkers. Your boss sees things differently, if you want to keep your job keep your opinions about other people getting away with everything and focus on your own performance.

The co workers are not the problem.  You are.  Your boss has said as much.  You are lucky to not have been fired.  So Learn to SHUT UP.  LISTEN to people do not talk unless you have to.  You can learn so much about people what you do not talk.  They will literally TELL YOU EVERYTHING about themselves, other people, the boss, how to get a raise, who is stealing what and so on.

Knowledge is power, but you only gain that knowledge if you SHUT UP and DO YOUR JOB.

So yeah, you get the 'sucky' shift until the boss relents.  But maybe the shift it not so sucky after all...hmmmm?????  One time I got the night shift and I thought that sucked but then there were no customers and few supervisors and there was not as much to do so it was really very cool to do half the work for the full salary.

ANYWAY...shut up, keep your head down, do your job and look for another job that pays better...just in case.

• ?

People that talk too much usually don't get much work done, which is what your boss is probably concerned about. I've seen it happen in my work place, I've seen employees that were fired because they're talking too much and not doing their job. You're there to work, not to socialize. You can chit chat a little bit but don't let it disrupt your day. 

They switched your shifts so you're not chit chatting with your co workers as much.

At least their still giving you shifts. Just improve your behavior on your own, don't use excuses it sounds like you're defending your self. I know people that like to talk, but there's a time and a place for it. If they see you're cutting back on the talking on your own, your boss may put you back to your usual shifts. 

i would just talk on your break so you dont get in trouble

• ?

Stop the chat and get down to the chit .

• Rick B

Quit comparing yourself and your treatment to others.  Shut up and do your job.  You are not at work to socialize.