Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can you be blacklisted from a company for failing the interview and applying too many times? ?

In my city, I am already banned from two companies because I was fired. However, in the past, I interviewed at every company in my field, and no job offers. I failed the interviews. Not only that, but I kept applying too many times under different emails. I was so immature in the past, but I changed a lot now. Am I blacklisted for failing the interview and for applying too many times? If I am on a statewide blacklist, what advice do you all have? I don't want to move away. I love the city I live in. 

Most states would consider that illegal.  If you were blacklisted at every company in every industry you'd eventually have nowhere to work and no means to support yourself.  

Source(s): You should still move out of that sh*tty corrupt state anyway though. Everyone else is doing it!
  • n2mama

There is no such thing as a statewide blacklist. If you applied multiple times for the same jobs using the same name and resume, using different emails makes no difference, your name and credentials will be recognizable/familiar to recruiter, HR, and hiring managers. And if you got interviewed pretty much everywhere but no offers, then you are correct, you failed the interviews. This means your credentials are good enough to get your foot in the door, but something you are doing (or saying) in the interviews is getting that door closed in your face. This could be anything from how you present yourself to specific things you say. Nobody here can tell you that, but you could do a mock interview with a trusted friend or family member who will give you candid feedback.

If you are blacklisted from every company in your field, then change fields.  Look for a job in another field, one in which you haven't interviewed.

• Kyle

depending on your field, see if a temp agency help specializes in that area.  maybe they can help get your foot in the door even if it doesn't pay as good as permanent job.  

many companies will leave your application in their system for up to a year long too.  so it's not necessary to keep reapplying even if it's the same email address / resume.  they already have it on file.

start using linkedin.  connect with recruiters and talent acquisition specialists to get word about job openings.  

There is no blacklist.   Each employer decides for themselves whether they are interested in hiring you or not. 

Statewide blacklist and compulsive behavior?   I mean this in the nicest way possible: Consider a mental health evaluation.   You sound a little "off" to me and that could be why you're not getting jobs. 

• ?

What time span are you talking about?  If you are talking about applying multiple times in a span of 1 year or less, the HR people are going to remember that they already interviewed you and you weren't what they wanted.  There is no such thing as a blacklist. It's more likely that your references didn't check out, you don't possess the skills they were looking for, or you don't interview well (which can be fixed).   Assess your skills and strengths and figure out if there is a different field where you could apply them.  Would a couple of training courses improve your skill set?  Take advantage of the counselors at the unemployment office to help you regroup.

You are not blacklisted, they just don't want to hire you. And there is no such thing as a statewide blacklist. You're an idiot. That's why you can't find a job.