Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

I need to know exactly what the unpardonable sin is? There is so many different interpretations about it on the internet!!?

I really need to know what it is exactly, why does everyone’s have a different understanding of what it is? I want Jesus in my life and need him, but my uncertainty around what the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is makes me feel like I’m turning away because of my frustrations and not knowing. I feel like I know for sure that Jesus is real, I’ve seen spirits and may have seen the Holy Spirit but I can’t say for sure. I  get bad anxious thoughts about god and Jesus that I don’t want, and I just need to know what it is? I feel like part of me might of rejected, but I don’t want to

[5 sins that are 99% - 100% unforgivable]

[1: knowingly & happily sinning & or being unrepentant.]

[2: cursing the one & only, God the Father.]

[3: willingly accept the “mark of the beast”, during the 7yr great tribulation.]

[4: adding-to or destroying the bible.]

[5: hurting children [preventing them from hearing the word of Christ, through murder, rape, torture, etc.,]

King James Version Bible

1 Peter Chapter 2

11. Dearly beloved, I beseech [you] as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

[ONE: knowing the sin is wrong but doing it anyway.]

Ecclesiastes Chapter 3

21. Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Hebrews Chapter 10

26. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

2 Peter Chapter 2

21. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known [it], to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

[TWO: cursing the one & only perfect, God the Father.]

Matthew Chapter 12

31. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the [world] to come.

Mark Chapter 3

30. Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

[THREE: taking the “mark of the beast” during the 7r great tribulation. All of humanity will be warned by flying angels, during the great tribulation, when that time arrives.]

Revelation Chapter 14

9. And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, if any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10. The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

[FOUR: adding false information to the bible & or destroying it.]

Revelation Chapter 22

18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

[FIVE: hurting children: preventing them from hearing the word of Christ, murder, rape, torture.]

Mark Chapter 9

42. And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Matthew Chapter 18

5. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Galatians Chapter 5

19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Malachi Chapter 3

5. And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in [his] wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger [from his right], and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Ecclesiastes Chapter 8

11. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Revelation Chapter 22

14. Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

• ?

When you don't decide to start obeying all of Jesus' sayings

I know how varied the answers are, but people don't look to the utmost.

What sin could not be forgiven?  Jesus mentioned also that it is better to be thrown into the sea tied to a millstone than to trip one of the little ones who believes in Him.

So I think this is what the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is - corrupting one of the little ones - or one under your authority or influence. 

A prime example would be a clergy member molesting a child or anyone under his care or authority.  That is an eternal sin because the perp is corrupting the victim under his authority as a man of God, and the victim may be turned away from the Church forever.  

When the Bible speaks of "the small " it can be referring to children, but also to those of lower position in society.

Mark 3:28-30 - Matt.18:  6 - Mark 9:42 - Luke 17:2

There is only one unpardonable sin, and that is ascribing partners to Allah the Almighty [glorified and exalted be He]. All other sins He can, of His grace, pardon.

• Carym

God has given every responsible person an equal opportunity to choose Heaven, and the mere fact that *this* bothers your conscience proves that you did not commit the unpardonable sin. Feeling better already?

Jesus' opponents did not deny that He performed miracles but affirmed that He did it by the devil.

In fact, they called the Holy Spirit an *unclean spirit* and Jesus replied, "Therefore, I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit, shall not be forgiven." [Matthew 12:31].

So, you can put yourself at ease and be comfortable with who you are (as long as you realize that you do not belong to yourself...) 

There's ONE unpardonable sin:  blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  Nobody has the right to dispute that.  It's in the Bible.

It's very simple.  It's failing to accept salvation.  It's unforgivable because it actually is failing to allow God to forgive you.

• To blasphemy the holy spirit would be to attribute works done by God through his holy spirit to Satan as the scribes did when Jesus Christ was performing miracles by God's holy spirit and they attributed it to Satan, Mark 3:22. At Mark 3:29,30 it is then explained.

• Paul

It is rejection of God from your life, also known as blasphemy. Once He is no longer active in your life, you cannot repent of your sins, you cannot seek forgiveness, so you are doomed.

• yesmar

The unpardonable sin is not wanting to be pardoned, neighbor.

Source(s): Jesus follower