Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Democrats seem to be against every moral Christian principle the country was founded on?

This counter was founded on Christianity

104 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You have no idea what being moral is or christian, and of course you are wrong.  This is why Mz Green was wrong when she falsely stated that no one can swear on the Koran instead of a bible.  she is wrong the constitution only states you have to swear an oath and nothing about swearing on a Bible.  As usual she is just an attention getter, and is wrong about everything.  

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not true, there is no mention about Christianity or any god in the American Constitution... go ahead try to read it, but we understand why some people need to spread lies and hate.... a high percentage of the public is often ignorant of politics, history, or morals... so we can forgive you.

The first European Settlers in the first place curiously were escaping religious dogma but some Americans have inherited extravagant ideas and hopes about what religion, specifically Christianity, may accomplish in solving social problems through moral instruction. Others look to a different legacy, one that suggests how easily partisan religion in the hands of a purported majority can become a dangerous form of intellectual and political tyranny.

That CPAC ‘golden calf’ Trump statue was made in China, the piece was manufactured at the Shijiazhuang D & Z Sculpture Co. factory in China but we know how moral, patriotic, Christian, and republican the 2021 Conservative Political Action Conference, can be... 

• 1 month ago

The US was founded on Deism, not Christianity.  I don't know too much about the Democrats in the US because I live in England but it definitely seems the Republicans are as a rule far less Christian.  Having said that, I don't think any major party promotes Christian values.  God puts people in every political party and is neither right nor left wing, and I say that as a left wing person.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Alt-right evangelicals are against every moral Christian principle you imagine this country was founded on. You seem to be quite confused, actually.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

This country was founded on freedom of religion.   

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Which Country?

Vatican City?

The USA is a secular Democratic Republic.

The Founding Fathers were adamant that religion would not be a part of the constitution or government policy as they new full well how tyranical Christian Dogma could be (one of the reasons for the Settlers in the first place, escaping religious dogma)

• ALBERT
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

So true. The democrats now have very little to do with the democrats from the 1960's. Nowadays with them anything seems to go, cheating, lying, allowing unborn babies to be killed, spending public taxpayers money like it is water, dividing people, forcing the police departments to to remain passive during protests,and so on and so forth. It seems like a runaway train : to put it simply they seem more and more to go against God's will for this country and every great and sacred value that makes this country special!

• JSC
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

That simply not true. My Christian Democratic family just bought a huge stained glass for our church. Never once did we think about politics. 

• 2 months ago

There is an official statement written by John Adams while he was President, addressed to a North African ruler (roughly where Algeria is) that the United States is not a Christian country, but allows and encourages all religious beliefs.  

So which brand of Christian would you impose?  I saw seven different brands of Baptist churches in a North Carolina city.  Serbian Orthodox just elected a new Patriarch.  Missouri Synod Lutherans have some arguments with other Lutherans.  Are Mormons even Christian?  How about Seventh Day Adventists?

• 2 months ago

Then how come the founding fathers left God out of everything. In God we trust wasn't originally on money. Under God in the pledge of allegiance was added in the 1900s. All religions should be kept out of politics.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.