Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Does driving a sports car vs a regular car exhaust you more?

What's better for long commutes

Forget both.  Get a huge heavy high up SUV like a GMC Acadia.  Air bags front, side and rear.  Then relax knowing that whatever moron hits you will most likely die and you will be fine.  Very relaxing.

Yes it can. That is why I always preferred the GT type of car. Or a luxury sports car. Fast and fun but also comfortable and quiet for when you need to go on long cruises.

Never noticed. Had more fun with the sports car though, more looks from the girls.

I could drive an AUDI TURBO QUATTRO all day and NIGHT LONG with it's ORTHOPEDIC SEATS and LARGE cabin! OR a SAAB TURBO>>>or a BMW TWIN TURBO>>> they are AWESOME and some of the BEST technology out there! They even have RADAR to detecf ACCIDENTS before they are ACCIDENTS! IOF you bought a silly FIERO thinking it was a REAL SPORTS CAR you would be TOTALY DISAPPOINTED! They were the equivalent of AUTO JUNK FOOD! Even an OLDER VW GTI was a REAL sports car! ANd you could travel a LONG WAY in COMFORT without getting OVERLY TIRED as well! 

Long commutes in traffic are better endured with an automatic transmission.

Out in my garage are two different sports cars, one is a Miata and the other a RX7.

Being 6 foot plus- the Miata gets to be a bit cramped at the two hour mark. Which is good because when driving long distances breaks every two hours is recommended.

Now the RX7 has a lot more leg room and is easier to drive. Two hours in it and I still need a break just because, but I don't feel like I have been cramped for a long time.

"Regular cars" are much the same, some can be cramped (and exhausting) or leave you needing to get out just because it is time to take a break.

That said- for long commutes, I'll take my RX7. It isn't worth it to start it up if it isn't going to be driven for a while.

But I still like the Miata and if I want the top down on a drive it is my preferred weapon.

Take only what is big enough to do the job:

Best all around vehicle IMHO is the Subaru Forester.

When the weather allows I drive a pristine and modified 1959 Jaguar XK 150. My regular ride is a 2015 Equinox.

The Jaguar employs;

- a new brake booster w/proportioning valve

- after market electric assist Rack & pinion steering

- race spec calibrated suspension

- Vintage Air heater and A/C w/defroster

- special custom contoured seating

The only main difference between the two cars is that the Equinox has AWD and an Automatic. And I don't miss either when driving the Jag.

You want me to laugh. Ok.

Any sports car is supposed to be more interesting to drive, but for long trips, that 'interesting' becomes exhausting.  You have to pay attention to every little detail.  If you do not, things will happen quickly.  Tension makes for excitement.  Too much tension is exhausting  ( and can prove to be deadly)

If it's a true sportscar and not a wannabe, it will take a lot more work to drive it than a regular car. Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren's, Porsche, etc., their sportscars are notoriously difficult to drive, so difficult that people who don't know how to drive sportscars sometimes can't even get them going, and if they do, they immediately find them too difficult to drive to keep driving. That's because driving them generally involves managing a manual transmission with tightly grouped gears, hypersensitive steering that is compounded by oversteer because of them all being rear-wheel drive, and such a high level of torque that accelerating easily becomes unwieldy, to name a few examples.