Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

Do I have an intellectual disability?

I had a TA (teaching assistant) helping me do the work sitting next to me in most of my lessons in school. This really annoyed me and I just wanted to be left alone like the rest of the class. I didn't feel like I needed a TA. Do I have an intellectual disability?

• ?

You need to see a mental health professional 

We cannot possibly know. But TAs can be assigned to students who have recently arrived from another country and are not yet fluent in English; or who missed out on some part of their education perhaps through illness or a family crisis; or who simply seemed to be having difficulty.

As this appears to be in the past, and assuming you graduated like everyone else, why obsess about it?

• MS

We don't know.  There could be a number of reasons you had a TA - intellectual disability, learning disability, physical disability, etc.  Without knowing any test results or diagnoses, we can't tell you what disability you may or may not have or why you had a TA.

without proper testing, we have no way to know