Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

UK: Furlough support scheme to be extended until September. Is that likely to mean lockdown will potentially last as long?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

All of this is predicated on a miraculous end to any risk of ending restrictions in September not causing as has happened repeatedly a further escalation.

• 1 month ago

It type of is till September other than, in July companies will certainly be asked to contribute 10% in the direction of hours team are not working. A lot will certainly claim they can not due to the fact that they have actually had no sales. It does not mean lockdown will take place for that long however, furlough was still readily available when lockdown stopped in 2014.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It 'might'.    We (the Gov) are going to lift the current lockdown very cautiously and if the figures go up again, we will halt coming of lockdown.   And this is sensible.    I don't contribute to the 'Great Reset' idea.   That's stupid.   We in the UK are protecting the NHS (which I happen to believe should be protecting us but still) first, and then the economy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If lockdown goes past July I will definitely take the Great Reset seriously. At this moment in time I'll keep an open mind. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They are determined to keep us under control until the Great Reset is completed and if the sheep can't see what is going on then they need help.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It won't end while there are anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers. These people are the useful fools of the Great Reset. As with drugs, they imagine they are acting free, in truth they are assimilated sheep.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, restrictions will be lifted in stages, depending on the improvement in the number of cases being recorded.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It kind of is until September except, in July employers will be asked to contribute 10% towards hours staff are not working. A lot will say they can't because they have had no sales. It doesn't mean lockdown will go on for that long though, furlough was still available when lockdown stopped last year.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It looks like we're going to be in lockdown forever.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.