Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 month ago

Best rapper of this generation ?

Who do you think is the best rapper of this generation? I say Drake. He’s amazing. I don’t go a day without listening to his music. His lyrics, beats, everything. And he’s the hottest guy alive 😂 I love drake. And as for 90s rap I would say 2 pac. 

Schoolboy Q, previously it was Kendrick Lamar.

As someone who doesn't think much of this generation's line up of rappers, there is still some good talent out there from this era.  Not much of a Drake fan, but I think he's still pretty good for a mainstream guy.  Kendrick Lamar is the best IMO.  I think he'd be one of the top guns, even in the 90's.   

ppl are saying nba youngboy I CANT. but uhhh tyler is one of the most amazing rappers in my opinion and his music has evolved so much. ALSO OMG ISAIAH RASHAD IS SO SO GOOD also i dont rlly listen to many female rappers but yeah

Only decent one  is Kendrick from this generation. People like me in the mid 30s can’t believe trash like Drake even passes for Hiphop. Nas said it, Hiphop is dead. But Wu Tang is forever.

• NBA YoungBoy. His YT views are off the charts 

Xxxtentacion,he's more than a rapper,X changed genre of music in almost every song that he did and was a legend.

• blank

For me

80s-Kool Moe Dee

90s-2pac

2000s-The Game

2010s-Denzel Curry

2020s-Lil Key

Kendrick Lamar.

• Wokaz

Depends how you define "this generation". Your example Drake is 34 and has been putting out projects since 2006, so if we're just talking rappers who had their main popularity in the past decade then my choice would be Kendrick Lamar or Big KRIT.

As for the most recent generation, I'd choose Denzel Curry.

• ?

I grew up on Rap and loved the 90's rap.  I've tried many of the current artists and the only one I can even tolerate is Tom MacDonald.  E-40 still dropping new stuff though so I have much respect for that. Rap started going downhill when Master P came around.