Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

How possible is it, that the Moon is an optical illusion?

I mean it does look like a huge blaemish

How possible is it that reality does not exist, and the universe is a hologram?  We think we are alive and on a planet.  But maybe we are just computer code in some machine that someone built.

Probably more possible than you getting laid i suppose.

In *your* case: TOTALLY.

What's a blaemish? 

Since we've landed probes there and 12 guys have walked on it, I would say it's impossible for the moon to be an optical illusion. 

Not everyone on Earth would see the same optical illusion for thousands of years.

Would you believe me if I said it is an optical illusion.

• ?

I think you are confusing or misunderstanding the words "optical illusion" regarding the moon. I will not comment on your word "Blemish" here.

Yes, the moon's movement is an optical illusion. We see it rising at the east and setting at the west (just like the sun). But actually it is the Earth's rotation from west to east which describes this motion. The moon, in its orbit around our planet, goes from west to east. But we notice this the next day only when we see it is not at the same spot where it was the day before and at the same rime.

• Sky

Considering we have set foot on the moon and brought back physical evidence of it, the possibility of it being an illusion is zero.

You can't land on an optical illusion or bring rocks back from it.

• donnie

I don't think so but it could be made out of cheese