Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Asep
Asep asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

Tips on cleaning the side of the stove?

I have a glass top black stove and recently I pulled out my stove and the sides of it (where I can’t reach because of the counters to the side of it) has grease and food stains that have been there for years. Not to mention that the paint is chipping but that is unsalvageable. 

Any tips on what products I can use?

Rapture is a heresy. One must hide within a small group (10-12 people according to saint Seraphim of Sarov from Russia, 10-15 people group according to saint Gabriel Urgebadze from the country of Georgia) in order to escape the unforgivable mark of the beast. No documents; documents are from Satan; burn them (even documents of deceased relatives). No electronics once you hid so that you won't be tracked (even an old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's will show the infamous evil flying antichrist using Tesla's ether). [Saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov] Mark of the beast is given with World Passport (grey plastic card with no name on it); antichrist will release prisoners / insane asylum people to help him mark everyone. Police will mark people on highways; food stores will mark people who steal marked food (because marked food can only be swallowed by a marked person who has three strands of DNA instead of two). Reject vaccines, temperature scans, COVID tests (or similar), etc.

Source(s): Saint Paisios from Mount Athos said that the devil wants to deceive the rich with freemasonry, poor with communism, and believers with ecumenism.
  • Rita

For tough stains and built-up spills, spread the 1:2 vinegar:baking soda mixture on the stovetop surface, then let the mixture sit for 10 to 15 minutes before gently scrubbing it off. Dry the stovetop with a clean cloth, place the metal coils back in the drip pans, and the drip pans back in the stove, and rejoice.

Lemon ammonia diluted by half.  Make sure you have good ventilation (open window and turn on exhaust fan for example)

Wipe-on oven cleaner.

Cover, wait and clean off with hot water and a scraper, or abrasive sponge

I recently purchased an old grill that was caked with grease.  I sprayed this stuff on it and it slid off after waiting only a short time.  This stuff is MADE for grease.  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Krud-Kutter-32-oz-Orig...

• Hope!

Two products I like for a job such as this - hot white vinegar.. vinegar is a good degreaser, but heat it up, and I'm telling you the cleaning power is incredible! I use this for cleaning the bathtub too.. it doesn't need to be super hot.. you have to be able to dip a rag in it, and then wipe, so you just want it comfortably hot.. 

Second product, but you will need to be more careful - is bleach.. the top of my cabinets get a grease buildup from cooking.. one swipe with a rag dipped in bleach and it is gone... I love bleach, but two drawbacks - don't get it on your clothes.. even just a drop can take the color out.. and secondly, you need to be aware of the fumes.. once I was washing a patch of mold, with straight bleach.. I had no idea how strong the bleach fumes were, until I stopped! Then, I realized that my lungs/nose were starting to burn.. if you use bleach, rinse the surface after, and air out the room.. fumes are not healthy.. this doesn't mean you shouldn't use it, though - just be careful.. it is really a great cleaner!

• Dixon

Initially, just see how well you get on with plenty of hot soapy water and a dishwashing scouring pad. It is surprising how much will come off with a bit of water and scrubbing. The key is not to focus on too small an area. Cover the whole side with a quick light scrub and get it all wet, then just go over the side again with a slightly harder scrub. If you do this a few times you will probably find the worst of it is already off. Note that it may be worth waiting a minute of so after you wet the side each time because it gives the dirt time to absorb the water and begin to loosen its grip, so it actually gets easier to clean if you give it some soaking time.