Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 2 months ago

Make wifi faster?

I live in a homeless shelter and I need my wifi to be faster because I need to access the internet. It’s very slow, but I can’t access the router. How can I make the connection better on my laptop?

Turn down your screen brightness, make sure you don't have too much software or too many pictures or apps on your computer. Make sure you don't have too many browser tabs open at once, and make sure you don't click too fast. Hope this helps:) I'm extremely sorry that you live in a homeless shelter by the way :(

router does not make internet better then it already is.Router just distributes internet.

You can't.  Best you could do is to go to another location to connect to a different WiFi hotspot.  I know that there are web sites that track free, open security WiFi hotspots by GPS location.  Maybe there is a coffee shop or something nearby that offers free WiFi?