Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

Can somebody please assure me that the questions asked on astronomy & space are not reflective of human intelligence in general?

I sometimes wonder the same thing.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.” ~ Albert Einstein.

• Rita

Sadly, they are an excellent indicator of how the general public perceives astronomy. Ask around, you will find that people in general hold the same views. Truly this is why I see little hope for the future of astronomy as a science.

I think many of the questions asked in astronomy & space are reflective of human inquisitiveness.  Don't need to be a rocket scientist to ask a question here.

Nobody would assured you that, since your question need intelect of human to ask.

I think sometimes people on here are not entirely serious, and apply their intelligence elsewhere.

Does that include your question too, or not?

No, I can't do that. The average IQ in the United States is slowly going down. 

You misspelled inteligence.

Please allow me to assure you that NOTHING on Yahoo! Answers is indicative or reflective of human intelligence in general.