Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 2 months ago

What is the difference between Ho and Ha hypothesis?

I am doing an experiment on plant growth but I don't understand the difference between Ho and Ha hypothesis. PLEASE HELP!!! Can I get an example, please?!

• ?

Ho is the null hypothesis. It says that there is no significant difference between the two groups being compared or among the more than two groups. You always start with that. If you do find a significant difference, you have disproven Ho and, by implication, supported Ha, the alternate hypothesis.

There can be variations. Ho could be that you have a fair coin. If you flip it 100 times and it comes up tails 90 times, that suggests Ha, that the coin is weighted on one side.