Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Are cheques still used today?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

People are moving to digital money but yes cheques are still in use.

Especially for PDC (post dated cheques) transactions, it is used for business and other formal works.

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Even though many people might not now use their cheque books very often, with money changing hands electronically in commercial environments, for the most part, the paper cheque does still play a part in money transactions in both business and for private individuals.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I've never heard of a cheques so I guess not. 

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes, checks are still being used today.  I write out several a month.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Adele
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes but not as much

• 1 month ago

Of course.  There are places and clubs that will only accept one - as their only form of payment.  And, if you want to surprise someone, what other way is there?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I use one or two per month for a couple of bills that are not easily paid on my bank's bill-pay options.  

• 1 month ago

Yes, but not as much as they used to be.

• 1 month ago

yes, i use them a lot

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes there are still some people that use travelers checks and personal checks and payroll checks

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.