Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

What would be the best credit card for me to apply to ?

My current credit score is 705. I’d like to get my credit score to 740. Another goal is to have as high of a cash advance limit as possible. My income is $55k. 

A different credit card will not improve your score.  You only buy one or two things on credit - gas and groceries, and you pay off the bill two or three times per month, in advance of the bill date.  Your score will improve. 

• Amy

If you're trying to get a cash loan, get it from your bank instead of a credit card advance. That will do more for your credit score AND have a lower interest rate.

We can't answer this for you. Your credit-worthiness is dependent on more than simply your income and credit score--you may have debts, negative information on your credit report or other factors that will affect your card application. Your best bet is to shop around for one you can live with. 

It would be best not to apply.  Applying, for any credit card, makes your score lower.  Your score may eventually get up to 740, but it will go down first if you apply for any credit card.

i would ask your bank about it

you increase your credit score by managing your credit.

All credit cards will lead to the same score if managed responsibly.

why would you want a high cash advance limit... that is a horribly expensive loan.

- you have the cash advance fee, the interest rate is usually higher, and interest starts the first day you take the money instead of the grace period. 

i would ask your bank about it

Applying reduces your score slightly. Wanting to get a large cash advance line is a very bad idea.