Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Why are nasty people so drawn to me?

I'm very sweet and kind hearted, but I seem to attract many nasty horrible bullies in my life. They put me down and are just very mean. It's unprovoked. I know other people who don't seem to have this problem. Is it just bad luck or something else?

Oh and before anyone talks about my looks, I know people who are not "conventionally attractive" who have not come across this many cruel people. Any ideas?

• Mikel

Some people are seen as easy targets for bullies, hence why they're drawn to you.

The trick is to remain kind and good hearted as you already are, but to not associate with nasty or aggressive people.

The other salient consideration though, is to read up and practice assertiveness training. You can still be sweet, but refuse to accept their unsuitable behaviour. There are also courses you can take on the art of assertiveness.

It will make a big difference in your life to learn how to deal with these people in a constructive manner.

Bad environment maybe.

Interesting question, unfortunately I can only speculate as to why without getting to know you. I got enough going on right now, so please don't let me do that!

These are really tough times right now for many people, But you are the master of your universe. Love will always prevail over hate. There must always be the yin and yang in every aspect of life.

Knowing this, and being prepared for it, will help you through it if you stay balanced and pure.

Source(s): Jane Fonda

I was like you, too, when I was younger. I don't think I'm bad to look at, but I still don't understand how nasty people felt entitled to approach me and bully me and be very mean. 

My only guess is that you look vulnerable to them in some way and they are just rotten to the core enough to make a deal about it. Ignore them, or report them if it gets bad. 

Because your sweet nature is viewed as an easy target 

• Janie

Birds of a feather flock together.

The more passive and agreeable someone presents as the easier they are for bed people to take advantage of. 

• perhaps because you put up with them, learn to assert yourself and stand your ground.

• Pyrus

Would you please explain better how exactly you're getting bullied? Maybe if we find out the nature of their bullying, we can help you out :)

In any case, for a general answer, I honestly propose that you learn some sort of martial arts and start bodybuilding a bit. The reason for this is that it gives you confidence, and you can better stand up for yourself. We live in a world where no one really cares, and if you let those bullies have their way, they are NOT going to stop. If anything, they'll keep taking advantage of you over and over. And if these tend to get "physical"... well, that's the point of the martial arts and the bodybuilding (not too much, of course, but enough to defend yourself). Show them that you're not someone they want to mess with. Actions speak louder than words, and that's why you have to back up your own words!

it could just be bad luck