Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

All religions operate on the principles of humans not knowing "Why are we here" and "what happens after we die"? Do you agree?

if it could be proven philosophically that we do have free will and our actions are not predetermined and that new human beings born were not magical angels waiting to come down to earth and that absolutely nothing happens to your consciousness after you die then no religions would exist. Even superstitious intimating crap like reincarnation , Karma or being trapped in a spiritual prison if you take your life (Suicide)? 

I am quite confident that BOTH questions have been answered long ago far as I am concerned.  

It's my impression that you don't know much about other religions. I don't know much myself, but religious beliefs are, and have been, varied and deep, and we wouldn't begin to comprehend what, or how, those of very different cultures and religions think. Your attempt to distill all religions down to a couple basic precepts is too simplistic.

Not only that, but karma is not a superstitious concept; it's not magical or supernatural. It's a relationship between intent, action, and consequences. I think you should read up on Buddhism; it doesn't conform very well to your stereotypical religion. 

• ?

I only can speak about Christianity. The bible makes it clear that generally, people wanted nothing to do with God. They didn't want actual ridership or restrictions.

I never read people concerned about 'Why am I here?' Only those interested in God ponder this. 

Check it out and see.

Most groups honored their dead with ceremonies.

But the Bible has withstood all mockers and is true for those searching.

Other peoples depended on maybe using drugs to contact 'The Great White Spirit'to be led in their life.

It wasn't about 'Why am I here', but what do I do since I am here?

The bible is clear that as things come to a close for this current system, ATHEISM will predominate.

We're seeing less and less agreement on anything.

We have 2 groups, exceedingly wealthy and impoverished more and more.

All serve this God of riches, regardless of station.

I am here and now for about another ten to fifteen years or more I hope.  If I haven't figured out why by then I probably never will. 

These things already ARE proved scientifically.  People would just reject the answers and cling to relation anyway, because they prefer those answers.

All except Atheists who apparently lack the ability to look beyond themselves