Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is wearing a tie everyday uncomfortable?

I am about to start a new job but I’m kind of nervous because the dress code is business professional. I have to wear dress clothes/tie/blazer everyday. I’m 19 and I’ve only ever really had to wear a suit and tie for special occasions, rather than all day, five days a week.

You get used to it.  I had a problem learning to die a tie. And then after not doing it for 15 years I forgot how when I had to wear one for a funeral.

Depending on the temperature of the workplace, you may be uncomfortable hot wearing a blazer and tie.  But most places with a dress code like that have air conditioning in the summer so it shouldn't be too hot.

The other problem is that a tie that is too tight may bother your neck.  You can solve this by wearing it a little looser or by getting a clip-on tie (be careful that no one notices; they might think you don't know how to tie a tie).

It is at first but you get used to it.  Back in the day I did too when I was just starting out and didn't have a big problem with wearing the coat and tie everyday, but it was a pain to keep everything clean and pressed.  Good luck on the new job.

• ?

well u seem to be living in some conservative republican brainwashed state. If a tie makes u uncomfortable u shouldnt be forced to wear it, feels like wearing a noose, plus there are laws now in many western places where u cant gender stereotype and force people to wear stuff theyre uncomfortable with such as making woman wear heels in a restaurant.

• Maxi

You will get used to it