Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

why aren’t they calling me for my second interview?

During the interview, the employers ALWAYS tell me they are going to call me for a second interview but they end up never calling me back for it. Am i suppose to ask them when it is or should i call them to schedule for a second interview? IDK I NEED HELP AND ANSWER!!! pls and thank u

• Rita

A major reason for the second interview is so the employer can see how well you fit in with the company culture. ... Think about whether you would accept if the employer extended an offer. Do expect to be asked some of the same questions you were asked in the first interview, but some new ones as well.

• n2mama

They tell you that because it’s a gentle way of saying “don’t call us, we’ll call you”. They will call you if hey decide to move you along to the next round of interviews, but it sounds like so far nobody has wanted to put you through to the next round. It could be that at the time they interviewed you they thought you might be called back, but then interviewed other candidates they liked better.  In the future when they tell you they will call you back for the second interview you respond with something along the lines of “thank you, I look forward to hearing from you. When do you anticipate the next round of interviews being held?” Then when they tell you in two weeks (or whatever), if you haven’t heard from them by that time you can follow up.

The employer schedules the interviews, not you.  But it is your responsibility to find out when the employer will call (or make a decision on the hire).  So when the employer doesn't call by that date, you call them and reference your conversation (when they told you when you would hear from them) along with displaying your continued interest in the position.  It is called being proactive.  Good Luck

• Maxi

They call people for a second interview IF they decide to interview you.... so means they are not interested after the first interview in hiring you

You must have sucked in the first interview!