Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Bleach for black mold?

I know that bleach will make the area appear clean but it won’t kill the mold. So I’m thinking about using hydrogen peroxide to kill the mold, but I read that bleach and hydrogen peroxide shouldn’t be mixed. Can I spray one first and then the other after? Or would it cause the same reaction as mixing them together? 

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

try Borax powder and water, that should work.

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

bleach applied will kill mold

• Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Buy a product called Kilz and paint over the area. 

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

A bleach solution also works to kill mold. Mix one cup of bleach in a gallon of water, apply to the surface and don't rinse. You can also add a little dish soap to the bleach mixture to help the bleach penetrate porous surfaces, such as grout. When adding soap to the mixture, be sure to rinse after application.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bleach kills mold.  Peroxide is mainly water so does not do anything.  

Pure Bleach does not need dilution as it is already diluted  to be 15 % bleach and the rest is water.  You can't buy 100% bleach.  The highest might be 18% avoid mixing with ammonia.(which is 15 % and the rest is water)

If you don't believe me. pour some on your lawn.  It will die.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

??OF course the bleach will kill the mold.

• 1 month ago

same reaction as mixing them unless you clean the area in between with copious amounts of water

• T C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Concrobium Mold Control works really good (it contains no bleach) available at most hardware stores.

Bleach will work but will not prevent the mold from returning to the cleaned surface. It may look clean once you’re done, but the mold will grow back. Concrobium encapsulates the area and prevents future growth

• 1 month ago

You need to consult a credible source.  Bleach DOES kill mold.  Dilute it 50:50.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

bleach WILL kill the  stackybotris black mold . 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.