Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 2 months ago

Is my teacher allowed to take away my lunch?

He gave me a lunch detention because I didn't complete my work:(

8 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

They can give you lunch detention for that, yes.  You normally get to eat your lunch while in lunch detention - so as long as they aren't actually taking your opportunity to eat, then they aren't doing anything wrong.

• 1 month ago

Usually detention was help between lunch times. I would follow up with my counselor over it.

• donnie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I am not understanding? Do you mean he took your lunch and threw it away or just made you eat somewhere else? If you if you did not complete your work and was being a goof then he had every right to give you detention. If he threw your lunch away without cause then that is grounds for trouble. Though if you where doing something like playing with your food, throwing food, making a mess, etc. then yea he can take your food at that point. Regardless get your work done next time and it won't happen again.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tell your parents, but if they were anything like mine, 

all they would do is agree with the teacher and ground you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

yes they are . do your work next time . 

• 2 months ago

this is between the school and your parents -- we have no idea where you are, nor of school policies

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Tell your parents. If there is an issue they can deal with it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would guess so. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.