Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How to stop obsessing over someone ?

I obsess over someone’s life when I want it. For example I used to love Kylie Jenner to the point where i always checked her social media and found out a lot about her but eventually it ended and I no longer care about her. Now I found this author named Anna Todd and I want her life. Not in a live in her skin kinda thing but I want to get discovered and become a popular author. My problem is I treat Anna the same way i did Kylie only worse and it’s been going on for two years. How can I stop? I’ve tried deleting her but something always triggers it again and I’m back where I started.

It's not clear from what you write that this really is obsession. If it's not interfering with your life I'd call it enthusiastic fandom.