Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 2 months ago

How do I get rid of my fear of taking the SAT?

I am taking the SAT on march 13th and im am wandering how i can stop my fear of it . I have been studying for months for it and I'm still scared. This will be my first actual SAT however I took the PSAT last year (2019 of october )when I was a sophomore and did really bad(850). What should I do to get over  the fear I have of this test ?

• drip

Know that you can take it again. Most universities will take the best out of three scores. 

Plan on taking it again. Sign up for the next test date as soon as you can. 

There is just so much studying you can do for the SAT.  It tests the knowledge you have and how you use that knowledge. 

Concentrate on how you take the exam. If you don’t know an answer should you guess or leave it blank?  Work on time management. Some students spend way too much time on one question then don’t finish the section.

Be prepared. Have everything you need to take the exam all together days before the exam. Get rest and eat a good breakfast.

as long as the fear keeps you studying and not choking on test day -- you're good.

MEDITATION. It helped me a great deal when I went to Medical School.