Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

110 divided by 12?

I'm sorry ! I went to high school in 70s and knew how to do this then , now I can't do it . I can find the answer , I'm interested in the process , I used to know that process . like for example take one into 110 then take 2 into 110 . Is that correct . I'm sorry I just forgot how to do this .

Everything in math is addition: 110 divided by 12, asks how many times does 12 go into 110 and what amount is the remainder. You would need to add nine 12's to each other in a string to get to 108, which is just 2 short of 110 the number you are looking to divide. So that is the answer add nine 12's with two as the remainder. 

• David

Here is the long hand working 9.166 (recurring)

The answer would 9.6, evened out will then be 9.5

Well it is like this, I happen to remember that 8 twelves is 96. One more twelve is 108. So just ball parking it the easy answer is 9 with change (2).

• Bill-M

Look at this picture: