Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Should you have a stable job before conceiving kids?

I have an OK economy, but I haven't finished my studies and therefore don't have a stable job yet. Is it still ok to have kids?

• Judy

Should wait until you can support them.

It is definitely better, helpful, and beneficial to you, your kids, and your family Both helpful in the present and in the future.

But I don't think there is any rule or law that you must. It is really up to you.

• L

Unless you are married and one of you has a full-time job.............having kids is not the best thing to do.

• Maxi

" haven't finished my studies"............"don't have a stable job yet." ........ then you don't have kids!

• ?

I'd recommend it. Raising kids is expensive. 

You should wait till you have the means to actually support a child. If you have a kid while you’re still in school, you’ll probably end up dropping out. Diapers, clothes, formula, and day care are not cheap. Your kid doesn’t ask to be here, so it’s up to you to wait to have kids until you’re ready to provide a good life for them. 

That would be a big yes.

Unless you have enough money in the bank.