Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

. asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Is there such a thing as a biologically normal gender-neutral baby ?

I saw an ad today about parenting gender-neutral babies. Not babies that are biologically deformed, but biologically normal babies that they're calling gender neutral.  What's your opinion about this? I'm alking about an infant.  How can an infant that's biologically normal be gender neutral? I realize that babies don't know that they're male or female but the parent does. even if you raise a child as gender neutral that doesn't mean that they won't choose a gender when I get older.  What's your opinion on this? 

Correction: When they get older. 

The gender neutral thing is absurd and just confuses children. There is a lot of harm being done because of it. 

They are either make or female at birth. 

I have watched children grow up in a house with toys for boys and toys for girls. Boys like trucks and mechanical things, and girls like dolls and soft things, without being told. They make the choices. It is how they are. 

• L

When a person is BORN - they are either a MALE or a FEMALE - NOTHING else.

It is obvious, at BIRTH.  A person will NEVER be BORN - gender neutral..........IMPOSSIBLE.

• PR

We are physically given a certain gender and this pertains to reproduction. Without this, the human race would not survive. Many babies respond by way of gender, even early on in regards to certain traits and most humans mature and respond to their created gender by the time they are reproductive-ready.

As a girl, I was allowed to play with cars and trucks. I did not like dolls, but did like stuffed animals. I was proud of who I was but these allowances did not stop me from idenifying with my gender. 

If a human being is shown respect for who they are, and the skills and traits they have, they will most often respond to what nature has provided. I prefer not to respond to what is said about "gender neutrality" because I personally feel this thought is now pushed, rather than simply helping a person to develop their skills.

No, infants are not gender-neutral. That is an "idea" rather than a fact of nature. Most infants show tendencies toward their gender relatively early on.

There's no such thing as "Gender Neutrality" In Human Vivo. Sure, you may raise your Kid to not see Pink or Blue as a "Gender Identification Color".

But at the end of the Day...

Boy's have a Penis and Girl's have a Vagina.

It truly is sad to see Kindergarteners had more commonsense in the '90s than Grown-ups have Today...

O.o?

Source(s): Commonsense and Kindergarten Cop...

My opinion is that most people who are born a certain gender, respond to that gender as an individual.  There are exception as we know.

I got my kids the things they wanted when they were growing up. One of my sons wanted this rag doll when he was three years old, so i got it for him.  Otherwise, he wanted all male related toys.  The interesting thing is that he loves babies, always did and still does.  He's married with kids and is 44 years old.  I never met someone who raised their child gender neutral but in today's world, nothing surprises me. 

It means not labeling things as a "boy toy" or a "girl toy" among other things.

My brother and I were born in the 1960s. There weren't a lot of other kids in the neighborhood, so he and I grew up playing with each others' toys - he had some paper dolls of his own, I had some Matchbox cars of my own, and we shared board games, sports equipment, etc.

Our parents didn't feel the need to label our activities as "gender neutral", we just played with what we liked.

My husband and I did the same with our girls, and our daughter who has two daughters has done the same with hers. Her oldest daughter was Spiderman for Halloween when she was four years old. We didn't think to ourselves, "I bet she was born the wrong gender", we just let her be Spiderman because she loved Spiderman. The next year for Halloween, she was a Princess.

Parents need to stop obsessing about gender and just let their kids *be*.

• edward

Ridiculous...that is my opinion

• Jill

Really? You saw an ad about parenting gender neutral babies today? Yeah right! LOL 

"Gender-neutral" simply means that you aren't picking colors and toys based on the biological gender of the baby.  You are not creating a situation in which the child grows up thinking "this is for boys" and "this is for girls".  You are avoiding creating this kind of thinking.  If your two year old son wants a Barbie doll to play with - you would give him one.  If your two year old daughter wants a Tonka truck to play with - you would give her one.  (provided that the toy was created AGE appropriate regarding small pieces)  

When the child is old enough - they will find their own identity and they will decide if they want to follow their biological gender or if they identify as something else.  But you, as the parent, have not made them feel like you would force them to be only their biological gender.

Being gender-neutral does NOT have to mean that you dress your child in clothing of both genders.  But, it does mean that you would dress your child in all varieties of colors and not worry that "pink" is for girls and "blue" is for boys.  

By parenting a child with a gender neutral attitude, you are letting that child know that they can be anything they want to be and it will be okay with you.

Personally, I was born in the mid 60's before "gender-neutral" was a "thing".  As a young girl during that time frame, there was a big push for little girls to play with dolls and stuffed animals and toy dishes.  (play house basically).  But, I had more interest in building blocks, cars, and "tools".   I was lucky to have a father that had actually wanted another "son" and he would make sure I had toy cars, toy tools, building sets, and any other "boy" toy that I wanted.  He took me fishing and we worked on cars together when I got older.  

As an adult, I take far more interest in doing things that would classically be considered "men's" interests.  I like working with power tools - building things - repairing things - and working on cars (and I hate to cook).  BUT - I still consider myself to be a woman.  I have a husband.  I have children.  I would never consider a "sex change".  I am a female and I like being a female - but I HATE doing most of the things that the average woman likes to do.  (I even hate to shop).  BTW - my husband LOVES having a wife that can do things for herself instead of needing to wait for him to fix everything.  We have done many home remodeling projects together and many auto repairs together.  And, thankfully, I found a man that has one oddity for most males - he loves to cook AND he is good at it. 

• not

I was raised gender neutral until probably 13 when peers started up on this subject. Nobody bothered me about where I'd be sticking my pecker. When I did start sticking my pecker places it was without third party consent. Now it's new and improved with society meddling? Or "good" people are meddling so it's okay? 

My kids are grown now. We have conversations about the things that they have witnessed from this new peer pressure about sex, gender and identity. I appreciate that I was just free to be a stupid kid. For me it was what do you wanna be when you grow up; a doctor, an astronaut? 

An infant doesn't care, doesn't want to care, doesn't need to care. It will barf and sheit all over the stupid clothes you make it wear.