Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 2 months ago

Is it a bad idea to use my phone as a wifi hotspot constantly instead of buying a modem?

I pay $69 a month, and get 80GB data per month (restarts the next month)

It depends. 

Check your contract / user agreement / terms of use with your phone provider. My cellular service provider explicitly forbids that.

If your cellular service provider allows it, I know of know reason why it would be a bad idea. (That is, there might be a reason. But, I don't know enough to know.)  

That's what I do, I don't have cable or DSL. Though I have to limit my off-phone video watching and turn off software updates because my plan only gives me 30GB of tethering. 

If your data usage is below 80GB every month, it's fine.

Yes, but, I think your mobile battery will die soon!

• i + i

Depends. If you have an 'unlimited data' plan, 

then using your phone as a wifi hotspot is no 

big deal. If you however are paying based on 

data usage or have a cap on data usage, then 

it is actually quite foolish/expensive to do so. 

I have a modem surf board efc hmm not connect and so I liked the fresh air 

Maybe that what happen maybe not connect 

Also is do or die so I need air in my lungs