Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How can I STAY full during my diet?

I always go off my diet because I feel VERY hungry and nothing fills me up, so I just eat junk food. I'm a picky eater and only eat meat and cheese. I don't eat fish. I'm just very picky so I just eat mostly eggs. What can I do to make myself feel full?

without eating too much.

Try using Metamucil when you are really hungry. 

• Rita

To achieve satiety, not just fullness, look to these food groups for big staying power.

FRUITS AND VEGGIES. Produce is big on volume and low in calories, with veggies typically having the least amount of calories. ...

WHOLE GRAINS. ...

LEAN PROTEIN. ...

BEANS AND LENTILS. ...

NUTS AND SEEDS. ...

EGGS. ...

BLACK BEANS. ...

SWEET POTATO.

• Audrey

You can't. You always feel empty and starving on a diet. I've been on a diet most of my life and i'm 74. You get used to being miserable. Only thing that helps at all is drinking LOTS of coffee, tea, diet soda, any calorie free drink. Good luck.

You *feel* hungry, but your body might not be. Try to distract yourself with other things like a hobby. A lot of times we feel hungry when we're actually just thirsty, bored, lonely, etc. And try to eat more fruits and vegetables. They are low in calories but high in fiber so they keep you full without making you gain weight. Spinach is great because it has lots of protein too, which also helps you feel full. If you are really still feeling hungry after that, then maybe you are restricting too much. Restrictive diets in general do not work. They just make you hungrier, which makes you eat more junk food. Just try reworking the portions of your meal instead, like decreasing the amount of red meat or cheese on your plate and increasing the amount of salad/fruits/vegetables. Get yourself in the habit of snacking on fruit and vegetables instead of junk food.

try an apple . 

Salad works for me.