Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Why did the thieves in the Lady Gaga shoot the dog walker but not the dogs?

I would have thought they would have shot the dogs and kidnapped the dog walker to get a bigger ransom?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Apparently, French Bulldogs are highly prized right now, and the demand is high.  They could could get big money for them....Now we have learned "some anonymous person" turned the dogs in to the police. The thieves probably didn't realize the massive publicity about these dogs. Gaga put out a half million dollar reward. Nothing was said about the reward when the dogs were turned in to the police. Fortunately, the dog walker will be O.K.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I know that is what you would have thought. Apparently the thieves wanted the dogs, not the dog walker.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Trump supporters did this!

• jean
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

some people have very exspensive dogs and a new way for people to make money these days is to steal the dog and resell it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I don't know, but let's hope the thieves never use them for dogfighting.

• 2 months ago

The dogs represent $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  $500,000 & growing.

Lv 7
    2 months ago

They likely did not know who the dogs' owner was at the time this occurred and were not intending to "ransom" them. There is an increasingly frequent problem with valuable purebred dogs, and especially French Bulldogs, being stolen and sold, and multiple other cases of them being stolen at gunpoint, specifically. You can't sell a dog that's been shot for thousands of dollars. 

• 2 months ago

Right now bulldogs are sold for a lot of money, so thieves are going around taking the bulldogs that are being walked by their owner or, someone, to sell them.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because the media doesn't want people to hear of a dog getting shot. Only sheep, cows, deer, bear, sharks are ok. 

• 2 months ago

I am pretty sure no one would pay that amount for the dog walker but she will pay to have her dogs back. You or the dog walker couldn't get that kind of reward.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.