Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Would you consider this prank on a toddler to be psychological abuse of a child?

A mother gives her toddler an empty plate as a TikTok prank and videos his distressed reaction.  I think this is psychological torture.  Who knows what else she could do to him.  I would never have played with my kid's emotions like this when he was a toddler.

https://news.yahoo.com/mom-brought-tears-toddler-r...

Not psychological torture per say, but definitely not funny and she shouldn't do that to her child

It's not funny.That's for sure.

I do not think it can be psychological torture though.

I don't think so.  It would be no different than the blanket trip in a doorway & you disappear from sight.  Need to condition the child to mind games, people play mind games all the time & if you got upset over one then you couldn't handle any of the mind blowing ones.

I love playing mind games with my dogs, little pranks are fun for both sides.  Conditioning child for facing other children in school where mind games & pranks happen quite often.