Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Nathan asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Can people hear you talking from outside your car?

I was having a private conversation with my dad, And someone parked next to me had their window down but their engine running. I realised as i was getting out the car my door wasnt completely closed but wasnt quite open, It was like partially latched. 

As I was getting out the car, I noticed the woman either smirking or smiling at me and now Im just getting anxiety that someone was listening to my conversation.. my car wasnt running/no radio, But theirs was running n they were about half a meter to a meter away from me. Can you usually hear people talking in their cars? could just be me and she was just smiling but it did kinda look like a smirk. Pretty annoying if so, Nosey people :/ 

Fully aware im somwhat "tripping out". I suffer from mental health issues, Im simply asking if its likely people can usually hear you from outside your car like that. 

Yes they could if they try listening.

I like to stop & listen to people using their phones in close quarters.  I know this bugs people but if they want a private conversation they shouldn't use their devices in public.  

I think you are being just a tad irrational about this.  She probably didn't hear you but smiled as a greeting.  Just smile back.  Paranoid.  For me, it is pure curiosity & not nosy. 

Ur situation is nothing ur just tripping out 

if someone is suspicious at u - U respond or react