Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How to stay angry for a really long time?

My brother screwed me over and I just found out about it.  I’m absolutely livid right now, to the point where I could piss nails at him if he were here.  I’m not gonna see his happy *** again till May, so how the hell can I get really mad between now and Memorial Day when I see him?  I want to stay in a constant state of rage for the new few months, till I’m ready to just absolutely explode.  Totally tee off and unload on his dumb *** when I finally see his ***.  He might think he’s tough but he has another thing coming!!

i wouldnt do that, its not healthy

• T J

Just keep on thinking about what he did, daily, hourly. by the time comes you should be ready to punch his lights out, and cut him out of your life forever. I have done it, its now 15 years, im still pissed and have had zero contact for all of those years, and do not intend to ever have any contact.

Vent now and get it over with.

Arrange a Zoom or Facetime etc and tell him how you feel, that he hurt you.

Communicating is the best remedy; then you he can work on regaining your trust.

By staying angry, you only harm yourself. 

• blank

So sorry you have discovered you cannot trust your own brother.  How sad.

Personally I would not try and stay mad.  By no means do you have to forgive (but that would be a wonderful gift to give YOURSELF) and you certainly should not forget.

I would not let this affect the rest of my life.  Staying that angry will adversely affect all aspects of your life.  People will find you sour and no fun to be around. You will be blinded by your rage and make mistakes at work, or even driving - because you will be spending so much time and energy staying focused on the rage.  

Hate just corrodes the vessel that contains it - so do yourself a solid and figure out a way to cope with this some other way.  IF his transgression is so egregious - just calmly tell him you will never trust him again and you are cutting him out of your life.  He is dead to you.

Would be a sad state (hate to hear that happen in any family) but it is sometimes necessary.   Then just move on with your life.  Turn your rage and pain of what he has done to you into a opportunity to become so successful and happy that you outshine his petty, sister-hurting low life ways.

Good luck.

The Bible says to not let the sun go down on your wrath. That's really really good advice. By May you probably will have had a stroke and then you will really be screwed.